- CountryUnited States of America
- TypeMid size utility helicopter
- PowerplantsS76 Mk II - Two 485kW (650shp) takeoff rated Allison 250C30S turboshafts driving four blade main and tail rotors. S76C+ - Two 638kW (856shp) takeoff rated TurbomÃ©ca Arriel 2S1s.
- PerformanceS76 Mk II - Max cruising speed 287km/h (155kt), long range cruising speed 232km/h (125kt). Initial rate of climb 1350ft/min. Service ceiling 15,000ft. Range with 12 passengers, standard fuel and reserves 748km (404nm), with eight passengers, auxiliary fuel and reserves 1112km (600nm). S76C+ - Max speed 287km/h (155kt), cruising speed 269km/h (145kt). Initial rate of climb 1625ft/min. Hovering ceiling out of ground effect 1800ft. Range at 259km/h (140kt) with reserves 813km (439nm).
- WeightsS76 Mk II - Empty (standard equipment) 2540kg (5600lb), max takeoff 4672kg (10,300lb). S76C+ - Empty (executive configuration) 3691kg (8138lb), max takeoff 5307kg (11,700lb).
- DimentionsMain rotor diameter 13.41m (44ft 0in), length overall 16.00m (52ft 6in), fuselage length 13.22m (43ft 4in), height overall 4.41m (14ft 6in). Main rotor disc area 141.3m2 (1520.5sq ft).
- CapacityFlightcrew of two. Max seating for 12 or 13 passengers at 79cm (31in) pitch in oil rig support aircraft. VIP configurations offered in six or eight passenger seat form. EMS configured aircraft accommodate one or two stretchers and four medical attendants.
- ProductionTotal S76 production in late 1998 of approximately 480, comprising 284 S76As, 101 S76Bs, 17 S76A+, 43 S76Cs and 35 S-76C+s. Over 70 S76As converted to S76A+ standard.
Sikorsky's S76 is a well known fair size corporate and oil apparatus help helicopter.
Sikorsky started advancement deal with the S76 (for a period named Spirit) in the mid 1970s and utilized innovations and experience picked up from the military S70 Black Hawk program. The ensuing S-76a was fueled by two Allison 250c30s turboshafts and could situate 12. To start with flight was on March 13 1977 and FAA accreditation was granted in November 1978.
The initially enhanced model was the S76 Mark II (presented in March 1982) with all the more influential Allison motors and 40 subtle element refinements. The S76b is controlled by two Pratt & Whitney Canada Pt6b36s (the 101st and last B was because of be conveyed in December 1998), while the S76c is fueled by two Turbomã©ca Arriel 1s1 motors. The S76a+ assignment spreads undelivered S76as consequently fitted and conveyed with Arriel motors, and S76as changed over to Arriel power.
Current generation is of the S76c+ with 18% all the more compelling FADEC prepared Arriel 2s1 motors. Certificate of the C+ was honored in mid 1996. Imminent upgrades incorporate composite sharpened pieces of steels, a calm tail rotor with bended cutting edges, a dynamic clamor and vibration control framework, and a progressed wellbeing and use checking framework. A three LCD screen incorporated instrument show framework (IIDS) for motor and rotor data is presently standard, supplementing the four screen Honeywell EFIS suite.