Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer
The Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer utility transport saw restricted business and military administration, primarily in the UK and some Commonwealth nations.
Regardless of its name, the Twin Pioneer is an all new airplane contrasted and the Scottish Aviation Pioneer. The first Pioneer was a high wing single engined five seat light airplane controlled by an Alvis outspread motor which was inherent little numbers for the Royal Air Force for contact obligations.
The Twin Pioneer is additionally fueled by Alvis radials and peculiarities a high wing, however is much bigger, equipped for seating up to 16 travelers in the principle lodge. Intended for both common and military applications, the Twin Pioneer was likewise one of the few post bellum air ship to peculiarity a high wing and tailwheel undercarriage, while its triple vertical tail course of action makes it effortlessly unmistakable.
The model Twin Pioneer flew shockingly on June 25 1955, and the first generation samples were conveyed from April 28 1956. By mid 1964, when generation stopped, 94 of three separate models had been fabricated. Britain's Royal Air Force was the biggest client, taking conveyance of 39 Twin Pioneers.
The RAF utilized its Twin Pioneers for a mixed bag of transport and contact parts, and they could convey 13 troops, or 11 paratroops, or six stretchers and five sitting losses or medicinal chaperons. An alternate military administrator was Malaya/Malaysia.
The introductory Twin Pioneer generation model was the Series 1, controlled by two 410kw (550hp) Alvis Leonides 514/8 radials. The Series 2 was fueled by Pratt & Whitney R-1340 radials. Last creation was of the Series 3 (portrayed above), controlled by 475kw (640hp) Leonides 531/8 radials. In RAF administration the Series 1 was assigned Twin Pioneer Cc1, and the Series 3 was the Twin Pioneer Cc2.
In 2002 just a scoop of Twin Pioneers stayed in administration, including two Series 3s enrolled in Australia.
Pictures of Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer