- CountryPoland & Russia
- TypeLight twin turboshaft utility helicopter
- PowerplantsMi2 - Two 300kW (400shp) Isotov designed Polish built GTD350 turboshafts driving a three blade main rotor and two blade tail rotor. Kania - Two 315kW (720shp) Allison 250C20B turboshafts driving a three blade main and two blade tail rotor.
- PerformanceMi2 - Max cruising speed 200km/h (108kt), long range cruising speed 190km/h (102kt). Max rate of climb 885ft/min. Service ceiling 13,125ft. Hovering ceiling in ground effect 6560ft. Range with max payload and reserves 170km (91nm), range with max fuel 440km (237nm), range with optional fuel 580km (313nm). Kania - Max cruising speed 215km/h (116kt), economical cruising speed 190km/h (102kt). Initial rate of climb 1722ft/min. Service ceiling 13,120ft. Hovering ceiling out of ground effect 4510ft. Range with max fuel and reserves 435km (234nm), with auxiliary fuel and reserves 800km (432nm). Endurance with auxiliary fuel 4hr.
- WeightsMi2 - Empty equipped 2402kg (5295lb) in passenger version, or 2372kg (5229lb) in transport version; max takeoff 3550kg (7826lb). Kania - Basic empty 2000kg (4410lb), max takeoff 3550kg (7826lb).
- DimentionsMi2 - Main rotor diameter 14.50m (47ft 7in), length overall 17.48m (57ft 4in), fuselage length 11.94m (39ft 2in), height (no tail rotor) 2.70m (8ft 10in). Main rotor disc area 166.4m2 (1791.1sq ft). Kania - Same except for fuselage length 12.03m (39ft 6in).
- CapacityMi2 - Two pilots or one pilot and passenger on flightdeck, and main cabin seating for seven. Ambulance configurations can accommodate four stretchers and one medical attendant or two stretchers and two attendants. Kania - Pilot and eight passengers in passenger configuration, pilot and five passengers in corporate configuration. Two stretchers, one seated patient and two medical attendants in ambulance configuration. Ag version capacity 1000kg (2205lb) of chemicals.
- ProductionMore than 5500 mainly military Mi2s built since 1965. 16 Kanias (including prototypes) built thus far.
Poland's best helicopter was initially created in Russia by Mil, and in its Allison controlled Kania (Kitty Hawk) rendition has attained US confirmation.
Mil initially outlined the light utility Mi2 in Russia amid the early 1960s, ensuing in a first flight in September 1961. In January 1964 an understanding between the USSR and Poland exchanged improvement and generation to the last nation, which started in 1965. The Mi2 advanced since that time and stayed in low rate generation into the 1990s. The fundamental common variation is just assigned Mi2, Swidnik additionally created a various number of military variations.
The Kania (Kitty Hawk) is a generous update of the fundamental Mi2, and peculiarities Allison 250c20b turboshafts, western flying, composite principle and tail rotor sharpened pieces of steels, and has won US FAR Pt 29 confirmation. Created in participation with Allison, the Kania first flew on June 3 1979, and US accreditation was allowed in February 1986. The Kania has never entered full scale generation however stays on offer, both as new form air ship and as an update of existing Mi2s.