Piper PA-30/39 Twin Comanche
As its name infers, the Twin Comanche is a twin motor improvement of the PA-24 Comanche. At the point when in generation, it was Piper's chief four/six spot light twin, supplanting the Apache 235 and situated underneath the bigger and all the more capable Aztec.
The Twin Comanche was initially proposed as right on time as 1956, when the single motor Comanche was experiencing introductory advancement, however the venture was postponed while Piper dealt with the Comanche and the Aztec twin. So it was not until 1962 that a Comanche was changed over to a twin design with two 120kw (160hp) IO-320s (initially two 110kw (150hp) motors were arranged), with first flight on November 7 1962. First and foremost flight of a generation Twin Comanche was in May 1963, with first conveyances later that year.
The Twin Comanche varied little from its single motor brethren other than progressions connected with its twin motor design, and it immediately ended up being exceptionally mainstream. Enhancements to the PA-30 brought about the presentation of the Twin Comanche B in 1965, which offered an extended fuselage permitting seating for up to six, as on the comparable Comanche B single, while turbocharged motors and wingtip tanks were offered as alternatives as the Turbo Twin Comanche B.
From 1970 the Twin Comanche C emphasized a somewhat higher cruising rate and inner part upgrades, while the PA-39 Twin Comanche C/R was fitted with counter turning motors.
Creation of the Twin Comanche stopped in 1972 - by which time just the PA-39 was accessible - because of the flooding of Piper's Lock Haven plant.
Pictures of Piper PA-30/39 Twin Comanche