- TypeSTOL utility transport
- PowerplantsMk I - One 335kW (450hp) Pratt & Whitney R985 Wasp Junior nine cylinder radial piston engine driving a two blade variable pitch Hamilton Standard propeller. Mk III - One 430kW (578eshp) Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A6 or PT6A20 turboprop driving a three blade constant speed Hartzell propeller.
- PerformanceMk I - Max speed 225km/h (121kt), max cruising speed 217km/h (117kt), normal cruising speed 201km/h (109kt). Initial rate of climb 1020ft/min. Service ceiling 18,000ft. Max range with reserves 1252km (676nm). Mk III - Max speed 274km/h (148kt), max cruising speed 253km/h (137kt), long range cruising speed 225km/h (122kt). Initial rate of climb 1185ft/min. Service ceiling 20,000ft. Max range with reserves 1090km (588nm).
- WeightsMk I - Empty 1293kg (2850lb), max takeoff 2313kg (5100lb). Mk I seaplane - Operating empty 1506kg (3316lb), max takeoff 2309kg (5090lb). Mk III - Empty 1175kg (2590lb), max takeoff 2436kg (5370lb).
- DimentionsMk I - Wing span 14.63m (48ft 0in), length 9.25m (30ft 4in), height 2.75m (9ft 0in). Wing area 23.1m2 (250sq ft). Mk I - seaplane - Same except for length 9.98m (32ft 9in), height 3.18m (10ft 5in). Mk III - Same as Mk I except for length 10.74m (35ft 3in).
- CapacityStandard seating for eight including the pilot. The `AgBeaver' is fitted with a 0.99m3 (35cu ft) chemical hopper.
- Production1692 Beavers built between 1948 and 1968, including approximately 60 Turbo Beavers. 974 were delivered to the US military and many others delivered to foreign military air arms. Several hundred remain in service with civilian operators.
De Havilland Canada's first reason planned bramble flying machine, the Beaver was that organization's best program deals savvy (both military or common), with just about 1700 implicit a creation run enduring two decades.
Beaver advancement work started in 1946 and the Ontario Department of Lands and Forests had impressive information into the last outline and arrangement of this tough and flexible utility. A model flew on August 16 1947, with seating for five or six, despite the fact that the creation Beaver developed marginally to seat an additional two travelers when common certificate was granted in March 1948.
The main significant advancement of the Beaver (aside from an one off controlled by a 410kw/550hp Alvis Leonides 502/4 outspread motor) was the Turbo Beaver. In the first place flown in December 1963 it emphasized a Pratt & Whitney Pt6a6 turboprop, which offered lower void and higher takeoff weights, and shockingly better STOL execution. The Turbo Beaver's lodge was likewise more, permitting greatest settlement for 11, including the pilot. Remotely, the Turbo Beaver had an any longer and reprofiled nose, and squared off vertical tail. DHC additionally offered change packs empowering cylinder controlled Beavers to be moved up to Turbo standard. Different transformations have been performed.